Roast Rolled Rib Of BeefTom Wood
How to prepare and roast beef
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. Press onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/15 minutes per 450g for rare. Rest the meat for 15-30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone. Cut the meat away from in between the bones or separate the bones and serve as they are.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.
Tip: Resting meat will make it more tender and juicy as it allows the juices to reabsorb evenly through it after cooking. Put your joint on a warm plate and cover it loosely. Set aside for 15-30 mins before carving.