Roast Beef Fillet With Raw Beetroot SaladTom Wood
- ¼ CUP (60ML) APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 TABLESPOON HONEY
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 TABLESPOON GRATED FRESH HORSERADISH+
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC, CRUSHED
- 800G BEEF EYE FILLET, TRIMMED AND TIED
- 3 BUNCHES HEIRLOOM AND TARGET BEETROOT, SCRUBBED AND THINLY SLICED
- 3 CUPS (45G) WATERCRESS
- 50G MARINATED PERSIAN FETA
- 2 TABLESPOONS FINELY CHOPPED CHIVES
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the dressing, place the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and half the oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the remaining oil, the horseradish and garlic in a large bowl and stir to combine. Brush the beef with the oil mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until browned. Place on an oven tray and cook for 10–15 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place the beetroot, watercress, feta, chives and dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad and beef between plates to serve. Serves 4